Tuesday, June 28, 2005

finally here

Wow...

I cannot believe I finally made it here. I got into Incheon airport last night where Gina from APC (my recruiting agency) met me at the arrivals area. She was really nice and even wheeled my bags around for me since I looked so tired apparently. From there we took a limosine bus (similar to a charter bus) out to Bundang where my school and apartment are located. I fell asleep on the way since it was a good 45 minute drive. Once we got there Gina called her dad to come help us transport my luggage to my apartment building. As for my apartment it is really nice, much nicer than I had even hoped for!!! Everything in it looks brand new and all the appliances are wiredin that there's a remote for the AC and heat as well as a very fancy toilet, shower, washing machine nd camera system that show any visitors at the door on a video screen. My apartment is on the 12th floor so the view is awesome too (it faces the LOTTE department store and Sunae station just down the street). Overall I'd say it's definitely akin to some of the luxury apartment buildings you'd find in the states.

I went walking around the area this morning since I don't have to be at the school until 1pm. All of the buildings around here are loaded with restaurants, bars, coffee shops, convenience stores, flower shops, spas and a plethora of other businesses and such. Right now I'm sitting in a PC bang (like an internet cafe) surfing the web, though I'm hoping to get wireless internet access set up in my apartment soon. Also, all the streets and sidewalks are so clean and well kept here, this definitely seems to be a very safe area to live.

Anyway, so far so good. I'll update later after I've finished my first day at the school...

I miss all you guys already!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you made it there safely!
Keep in touch!
Maggie :-)

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you made it here safe and sound! Your apartment def sounds luxurious.. also because you are living in a very expensive part of Bundang (Lotte Department Store is a very rich and expensive place)

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you live in an OFFICETEL (housing units and offices)...the longer you stay in Korea the more you'll learn about the differences between the types of housing here. Good to here you made safely.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home