Tuesday, June 07, 2005

countdown

La la la...only 19 more days until I'm supposed to leave. Granted I haven't gotten my visa paperwork back from the school yet but hopefully that will come soon so I can take everything up to the Korean consulate in Chicago and make it official. At home I'm in the throws of packing and my room is a complete mess! How in the world do I have so much junk? Needless to say I'm going to pitch most of it, and I have a stack of clothes I'm taking to a consignment shop to sell (extra cash!). Mags and I managed to find someone else to move in and take over my half of the lease (thank god) so that is a whole other 322 dollars a month I won't have to worry about, which will make it a lot easier to save money. Now if I can just sell my car I'll be all set!

Last night I went shopping for toiletries at Sam's and blew fifty bucks in about five minutes! And I still have a lot more to buy too...sheesh. Today I have to call my bank to find out about wiring money from Korea and see how much it costs, etc. Hopefully they'll be able to do it or else I might have to close that account and open another one before I leave. And then I still have to shop for gifts and little prizes for my students, etc, etc, etc...

Maybe I should've quit my job a lot sooner. Instead of sitting here at work I could be out getting all of this stuff done. Oh well. I just need to buckle down and do it...no more being lazy and putting it off. The future is now...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one thing that I strongly recommend bringing with you is bed linnens. I didnt bring any.. and boy am I regretting it. Koreans dont use fitted sheets.. they use these matty things that are very uncomfortable and scratchy.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chelsea? Koreans don't use fitted sheets? I beg to differ...although there are the scratchy, somewhat itchy kind you speak of, there is no doubt the same type of linens here as in N.America...just have to look

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, just to let you know, as I saw it in your blog (Chelsea)...Bundang is not part of Seoul, it's what Koreans call a Sattlite district (suburb) in Seongnam City...Just in case you have mail sent to the wrong place.

Cheers,

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home