Sunday, June 26, 2005

last day

Well, I leave for Korea tomorrow. Though I am very nervous and excited I think this is probably the best thing I could've done for myself at this point in my life. Nothing will ever change if I just continue to sit by the wayside and watch as my life passes me by...so for once I'm taking the initiative to do something for myself. And though many people I've spoken to don't approve of my decision or have told me that I must be out of my mind to want to leave the country and go to Korea to teach, I know that this is something I just have to do. Whether or not it's a good idea is what I'll have to find out for myself. But I do not expect to fail; I simply won't accept that. Come what may I will make this work. I wholeheartedlty believe that this experience will be what I make of it...

So now my room is all but empty, save for my few suitcases and some furniture I'm leaving behind. My brother wants to go with me to the Cardinals game this evening but at this point I'm doubting that I'll want to spend four or five hours of my last day here out in the hot sun watching baseball. I've still got some things to take care of and I need to get to bed at a decent hour tonight. My flight leaves at 9:39am tomorrow morning and I want to get there early so I can smooth over any possible problems with my obviously overweight luggage.

Other than that I've got my visa and passport as well as everything packed up that I think I'll need for the next year (and maybe a few things I probably won't need). All in all I'm ready to go. In less than 24 hours I'll be well on my way to South Korea...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home