Thursday, July 27, 2006

vacation

This week passed by uneventfully enough, which has actually been a nice contrast to last weekend. I didn't do much this week or venture very far away from home since I was still under orders to rest and recuperate from the doctor. On Tuesday I went back for my follow-up appointment and he said everything looked normal and that I shouldn't have anything further to worry about, so long as avoid whatever it was that prompted my last trip to the hospital...which he and I guess was the seafood in those dimsum I ate. So I guess I won't be eating shrimp or shellfish again any time soon, which kinda sucks cause I really do like shrimp. Still, I guess even shrimp is not worth a trip to the emergency room.

Tomorrow is my last day of school before the kindergarten's summer vacation, though I don't really have anything special planned for it aside from packing and cleaning. I might just spend the week wandering around Seoul like I did last vacation, since I really do need to save my money for that trip to Europe. Or maybe I'll just relax and veg...I'll have the apartment all to myself too since Amanda is going home to visit for the week and Chris will be in Thailand. It's going to be really quiet around here I imagine.

Anyway, I have yet another series of cooking classes tomorrow morning, though I'm thinking bean sprout salad is not going to be quite the hit that the ddeokbokki was last week. In any case it's easy and the kids can put it together themselves since it's mostly just stirring and mixing. Woot.

Only twelve more days of classes left before I go home... OMG!

I saw this on my way to the grocery store tonight. Is it just me or does that look like some weird distant relative of Papa Smurf?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, it was a very bad storm. My neighbor's siding blew away and there were downed trees everywhere.
I didn't hear for sure if there was a tornado, but I heard neighbors saying one was spotted on telegraph by Jefferson Barracks.
It took 4 days to get power back on here, and power was still out some places a full week later.

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should bury "treasure." That way you can go back to Korea years later and dig it up or send directions to one of your teacher friends as a surprise.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home