Friday, June 30, 2006

an end in sight

Yesterday my boss called me down to her office and handed me the itinerary for my flight home in August. It was so weird...I guess I just couldn't believe that I was actually staring at a paper that gave the details of my actual departure from Korea. I guess I just never believed it would actually happen, like I would be stuck here forever and ever. But low and behold, the end is in sight...for real. I'm officially leaving Korea on August 23rd at 10:05am and I will be arriving back in St. Louis that very same day at 4:03pm. I changed my schedule around for my trip to Europe so I'd have time to take care of some stuff for my brother's wedding before I go, so now I won't be leaving for Edinburgh until that Saturday. I should still have plenty of time to catch my friend's show there, so no worries.

Next week I have to go to the Immigration Office downtown to get my visa extended until I leave on the 23rd. My boss said the only thing I needed to bring is my passport and something to prove when I'll be leaving Korea. I guess when I leave is not as important as the fact that I'm actually leaving...or something.

Today the kindergarten is taking a field trip to the aquarium in COEX mall since this week's theme is "Under the Sea". I'll be sure to post some pics of it if I remember.

In other news from the land of the "not quite right", it's friggin hot here and apparently monsoon season has started a bit early this year...which means it's now perpetually muggy and humid outside, and the sky hasn't changed from this puke grey color in at least a week. It has been raining in some form or another every day as well, which is kind of annoying since it really puts a damper on my rollerblading and bike-riding. I guess I'll manage, but still...bleh.

For those of you more visually inclined, today's laugh comes to you from the weekly letter that is sent home with each of our kindy students, complete with a bit of dialogue that the parents and their children can practice at home. Usually it makes sense, but this week it was just something else entirely. Does this seem at all acceptable? I'm gonna say no.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Koreans are oddly obsessed with poop. It's the strangest thing I've found out so far. Maybe it has something to do with the combination of the shower and toilet?

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home