Thursday, July 20, 2006

the beauty of grey

Last night I hiked up Suraksan once again and was awed by how clear the skies were, even though there was some heavy cloud cover just above the horizon. The sky has been much like this for the past few weeks, with the sun peeking out once or twice here and there. And yet, there's something calming and reassuring about the greyness of the atmosphere...because with it comes the continuous rain and its cleansing of all that nasty grime and smog that usually hangs above the city. Below is a picture taken from a mountain peak on Suraksan, and if you look close enough you can see Seoul Tower off in the distance...

this is not a black and white world
to be alive I say the colors must swirl
and I believe that maybe today
we will all get to appreciate
the beauty of grey

--from
The Beauty of Grey, by Live


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a great hike. I think you might have the same travel photo problem that I have. I come back with great pictures, but usually have none of myself in the location. Don't forget to take pics of yourself on location...it kind of helps personalize the whole thing when you look back at them later.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home