Tuesday, July 19, 2005

sickness and sunflowers

Well, yesterday marked my third week here in Korea. Suffice it to say, I do not regret coming here, not at all actually...and suprise surprise, none of the nay-sayers were able to utter one "I told you so." So there...ha!

As far as the teaching, yes it does have it's hectic moments, but I'd say that the good times definitely outweigh any bad there might be. And anyway, teaching kids is about a million times better than that last awful job I had at Spectrum. I'd take this over that any day. As soon as I feel more comfortable with my co-workers I'm going to pull out the camera and take some pics of them and the kids. I don't think I should right now though, seeing as how I've only been there for such a short time. Don't want to freak them out with my camera (and least not right away anyway).

Aside from that, I think I've managed to contract my first cold since coming here, but I guess that was bound to happen since kids are like walking germ magnets. It's not so bad though, just some slight sniffles and a dry throat. It was kinda funny actually cause when the director found out I was sick she got really worried and offered to take me to the hospital. I had to reassure her that it was just a cold and I'd be over it in a day or two, no biggee. So since she wasn't able to drive me to the hospital she took me up to the local drugstore and got me some medicine and throat drops. And so today I am feeling much better, with much thanks to her.

And for you're viewing pleasure, here are a couple of photos I took while I was out rollerblading a few nights ago. All along the paved trail where I skate there are tons and tons of sunflowers...



And here is a view of the trail and river from a bridge that crosses them...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you arent feeling well... but it is def nice that your employer cared enough to offer to drive you to the hospital (heheh).
I go to WA BAR every Friday night... with Matt, Shel and Liz.. and Cam... you are welcome to come... we all meet around 11ish in Suji!

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen,

Good to hear everything is going well...Just thought I would drop a quick line...keep up the posts.
Love,
Ryan

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT LOOKS LIKE ALL THE LOSERS GO TO WA BAR IN SEOUL ESPECIALLY THAT BUTT UGLY CANADIAN SHELLY WHO THINKS HER SHIT DONT STINK !!! LOL

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU SEEM NICE THOUGH JEN, YOU DONT SEEM LIKE AN ASSHOLE LIKE SHELLY THE FAT CANADIAN AN HER RETARDED CREW !!! I HOPE YOU DONT END UP ACTING CONCEITED AN ARROGANT LIKE THEM HON...:) GOD BLESS YOU JEN

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home