Thursday, April 06, 2006

reflection

And so tonight I'm standing here, looking down from a side trail along Mount Namsan...and slowly the words form in my mind..."This is my town." When I first came here this place was entirely unfamiliar and foreign to me. But now, now it has become like my second home. I feel comfortable here; it's like I've found my niche without even really trying. In a sense I feel that this is where I belong, because the bonds I've made here and the experiences I've had are irreplaceable. There has not been one day in the last nine months that I would trade for anything. There has not been one moment of my being here that I regret, not a one. This place has changed me, and any chance to change and grow beyond what I once was is a welcome and rare opportunity. For certain I will miss this life when I leave, and I am saddened that the end is coming so soon. Even so...there is still time left and for sure I will be savoring every minute of it. But for tonight, I'm here, I'm here...and I'm waiting with anticipation for whatever lies ahead...


And on a lighter note, this is what you get when Korean kids try to play Scrabble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home