Wednesday, March 01, 2006

a cold wind

I'm in an odd sort of mood tonight. Right now it's almost 4am, but I am not in the least bit tired. In fact, sleep is about furthest thing from my mind at the moment. I really just want to stay up and watch the sunrise from my window. I think I may actually skip going to bed at all this evening...I don't feel like I need it. It's been one of those nights, but I think the sunrise might be able to purge me of all these melancholy thoughts, if that makes any sense at all.

Of course, tomorrow is yet another holiday so it's not a big deal if I refrain from rest at the moment; I can always catch up tomorrow if need be. I was supposed to meet some friends down in Chinatown tomorrow afternoon, but it seems like they just keeping dropping like flies. This entire evening almost every hour on the hour someone has written an email saying they won't be able to make for whatever this or that reason. Even so, I'll probably go. I need to get out of the house if I can, get some much-needed fresh air. I was hoping tomorrow might be one of those bright Spring-esque days, but it looks like it's just going to be cloudy and cold yet again.

I guess I'm just tired of waiting...

Tomorrow the new foreign teacher from Canada will be arriving, so we've been cleaning out her room and making it ready for her. I'm anxious to see what she's like, both as a roommate and a fellow co-teacher. From what I've read of her in her emails I think she'll do alright...but what can you really tell from an email? I won't be home when she gets here (too awkward) so I guess I'll just meet her tomorrow night when I get back. And if not then I know we're all supposed to take her out to lunch on Thursday afternoon. Am I looking forward to it? Hmm...too soon to tell.

Two more hours to go until sunrise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home