Tuesday, November 22, 2005

my own holiday

So...I made that sweet potato pie for my coworkers and students on Sunday night and brought it in Monday for them to share. I must say...they all loved it! It was a real big hit with everyone, especially my boss and her mom who kept asking for more (and were very sad when it was all gone). But since I still have at least several pounds of sweet potatoes left I'm going to make another pie to bring in on Thursday, just to make the day somewhat special since it is a holiday and all (at least for me). Here's a pic of the pie I made...



Thursday I'm planning on making myself Thanksgiving dinner, but with a rotisserie chicken from Costco instead of turkey. The menu will be as follows:

rotisserie chicken
stuffing made with what gravy I can make from the chicken (if possible)
baked sweet potatoes w/marshmallows on top
acorn squash & sweet potato bake
mashed potatoes (the regular kind)
green bean casserole w/something as close to french fried onions as I could find
peas & niblet corn medley
brown bread roll
fruit cocktail (in place of the cranberry sauce--which I could not find)

Um...yeah, we'll see if I can actually pull this off. I might just wait and have my Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday since it does seem like an awful lot to prepare in one evening (especially since I don't get off work until 6pm). So if that's the case then I'll have Friday night to prep everything and then I'll go buy the chicken on Saturday afternoon before I cook all the food. I'm kinda excited about attempting all this on my own, but of course I'd still rather be home having Thanksgiving dinner with my family (cause my mom and dad always have the best Thanksgiving dinner, hands down!). Still, I guess I'll have to make do with what I have on my own, but I'm sure it'll all turn out great. After all, the sweet potato pie was wonderful. In any case, I'll take pictures.
:)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I just started reading your blog. I dont supposed you could send me the recipe for the sweet potato pie...

youngs@essilor.co.kr

Please!!!

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks delicious, I would like th recipe also. viviana91@gmail.com

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess if they don't have Thanksgiving there, then they don't have Black Friday either? Well thats a good thing...

2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving, Jen. That pie looks yummy!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home