Tuesday, August 23, 2005

yet again

What the heck? I've managed to catch yet another cold...me...who is usually so healthy and immune to piddly little sicknesses. This just sucks!!! So now I can't breathe, I can't smell, I can't taste anything and my throat is sore...just great. This is so not what I need right now, especially not with that mini-trip thing coming up this weekend. It's the kids that gave this to me I know. I keep getting exposed to all their germs...and there's always one of them that's sniffling or has a runny nose or something. Argh. How do all those teachers out there cope with this? Will I build up immunity over time? Oi...

So anyway, yesterday was our trip to Jebudo, though it was overcast and windy (which probably didn't help with getting me over this cold). It took us two hours to drive out there and then we proceeded to run amuck barefoot through the damp and puddlesome sands of low tide. We poked and prodded various sea creatures, splashed around in the warm water...and much fun was had by all. After eating lunch on the shore we piled back into the bus and drove back to school.

So even though it was fun acting silly in the sand with the kids I'm now even more sick because of it. Oh well... I really could use some Dayquil right now though; the only thing I have here to take is Aleve and that's not really for colds. Bleh...

Only a week and a half until my friend Adam comes to visit! I'm so thrilled! :)



all of us kids at the beach



I've noticed that Korean kids cannot smile on command...they always come off looking like they're angry or in pain.


Here is Alex again (trying on my sunglasses). He is the sweetest, yet most distruptive kid in the entire kindergarten. How is that possible?


This is Judy (another of my favorite kids) making the traditional photo pose of peace signs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home