Sunday, August 21, 2005

the usual

Ok, so this won't be much of an update...though there will be a forthcoming second Konglish post sometime in the near future. I'll also be posting some piccs of the food I've been eating here...cause it just looks cool I think. Yes I am a nerd like that... and you can also tell I'm a nerd because all I've been doing lately is reading. Since coming to Korea I've already read The DaVinci Code, Of Human Bondage and the new Harry Potter book, which were all excellent reads by the way. Right now I'm working on One Thousand Years of Solitude, which I should be finishing in the next couple days...and then on to the next book, though I've not decided what that will be just yet. But I did hear about this awesome English bookstore in Itaewon that will order books from the U.S. and have them shipped here for you for free, and then you can just go to the store and pay for them there. I already bought three books from them, which will hopefully get here soon so I can continue to feed my habit. Woot.

This weekend I didn't really do too much, just a lot of walking around downtown and climbing mountains (the usual). I did go to Olympic Park this morning...it's really beautiful but much too big to cover in one day cause my feet started aching after only the first hour and I wasn't in the right kind of shoes to keep walking. I was going to go to my Korean class yesterday but it was too nice outside to waste an hour and a half inside a classroom. I'm such a slacker...

Tomorrow is yet another field trip with the kindergarten kids. This time we're going to Jebudo, which is an island not too far from here. A day playing on the beach...not too bad for a day's work. And then this weekend coming up we're going on a teacher's retreat to that place with the hot springs, so that should be fun too.

And last but not least I leave you all with this image, which I snapped yesterday evening in a shopping mall near Myeong-dong:



Yes, that is a male mannequin and yes, he is wearing pink underwear.
This is just wrong.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA HA HA! That mannequin reminds me of the singer Rain for some reason...

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen, you should have modeled in your pink panties for us readers of your blog ??? he,he,he,he

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home