Sunday, August 07, 2005

bad Konglish (installment #1)

So...What is exactly is Konglish?

Konglish
is the use of English words (or words derived from English words) in a Korean context or a Korean dialect mixed with English loanwords. It also includes the use of words that are perceived to be English, but are in fact not English words. These could be words that have a different meaning in Konglish than they have in English, words that merely look or sound English, or words that are a mixture of Korean and English. Koreans usually use the word exclusively in the latter sense.

Enjoy...


That's a pretty fancy toilet eh?


I find the strangest stuff on T-shirts here.


Clean pork? As opposed to dirty pork?


100% free! Yay!


The guy in Memento probably could have used one of these books.


It's voodoo I tell you, VOODOO!


Milk day is always a special day!


What kind of crazed freaky eggs do they have here??? Apparently they can talk.


What does cake have to do with a "cash book"?


sounds kinda weird to me...


Wow. These little note cards can do all that? Amazing!


That's pretty sad if someone has to wear one of these just to reaffirm themselves.


Not just good...addictive.


Yes, the hamburger will be with you...always.


Open up your mind and listen to your inner puppy...


"Stick on yours!" Is that an insult?


I wonder if this drug's of the illegal variety...


???


Thanks for sharing.


To quote my friend Erin: "I don't know that I want to drink a soda that has a new feeling."


And finally...this one was just so good, I had to post it again.

More to come!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the random things you can read in Korea.... that and the casual mispelling of words. I once saw a Hagwan with the words "for Kiddes and Teeenes" on the sign... now I don't know about you... but if they can't even spell the sign right, I may be questioning their ability to teach.

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well heck yes we always need a freshness...

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha, this is so adorabley cheesy, cute and funny.
I really hope i can come to korea in the next year. thanks for sharing!

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home